Skip to main content

Welcome in...


Open Heart… What is an open heart? Is it one that shares everything with everyone, or one that is selective on how it pours out? I’ve asked myself this question many times before, “Don’t I usually wear my heart on my sleeve?” The answer is no.  Even though I pour out I have to battle and understand that there is a very thin line that sometimes I don’t see myself crossing but I do. My whole desire is to please the Lord and to pour out in service to others, how could I not with knowing what He has done. Recently, however, it's seems as though I’ve been playing hopscotch with the intentions of my heart.    
As I was talking to my friend over a study session he asked me why I didn't not blog my thoughts, my response shocked me when I said, "I'm afraid of what people might do to my heart. Afraid...I'm afraid? As I said that, God's word reminded me, "Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell. -Matthew 10:28"  In my service to others, I realized I'm pouring out in action because I love, only because He has loved me first but in that service I have not been receiving. Get ready for some visual aid: It's as if I have a room filled with amazing toys and I want to give them to others, and in order to give, I slightly open the door and put the toys outside for others to receive. I don't keep that door opened, I am more guarded than I thought I was. And as a result that room was becoming empty. 

In my desire to feel the approval of others I've allowed  people to hold my heart instead of Jesus. Jeremiah 17:9 tells us "The heart is deceitful above all things
 and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?" I was not trusting God with friendships and relationships, because there was a blurry line that I had crossed. I had the misconception that in order to trust people I had to open my heart and let people hold it to let others in. How can I do this when my heart is still recovering from spiritual surgery. But that's just it, it dawned on me that an open heart can be guarded by the one who holds the world in His Mighty Hands. In Jesus there is security and there is comfort. So here is my opened heart for you, because I'm called to let you in, and let you see what the Lord is doing in my life and how intricate His hands work in healing and binding wounds. Only HE can repair, only He can mold, and only through Him can all things be made new. 


Jeremiah 12:3 But you oh Lord, you see me, and you test my Heart towards You. 


Thank you for reading my thoughts. 
<3 His Jocelyn 


Comments

  1. Wow... I'm really excited for this chapter in your life and stepping stone. I cannot wait to read your stories sissy :) I will follow you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry if I'm all over the place... but I have to congratulate you and officially welcome you to the BLOGGERFIELD!

    There is reatness in your blog I love that there is direction in it... a light.

    Thank you for opening that door and allowing us in.
    Thank you for reminding me of the importance in sharing.

    Writing with an honest heart requires bravery and you got tons of it.

    A lot of your blog reminded me of a John Piper sermon... it was about living radically... unafraid... uncomfortable... and UNSAFE.... he said this followed by,
    Luke 12:4 “I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." :D

    I'm looking forward to blog #2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaah Adan thank you so much for this!!! That is actually my future tattoo bible verse!!! Cherry Blossoms with a Sparrow! :D Friend thank you seriously for encouraging me to do this. Your words of affirmation really edify my heart :) Love you HERMANO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jocelyn
    I would like to contact you regarding the use of an image from your blog. I am creating some Christian resources. Please could I ask you to contact me so that I can make a proper enquiry. I am sorry to trouble you.
    seekers@live.co.uk
    Diane Ward

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Instrument of My Dreams

Let Your Glory Be over All the Earth 57  Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,      for in you my soul  takes refuge; in  the shadow of your wings  I will take refuge,      till the storms of destruction pass by. 2  I cry out to God Most High,      to God who  fulfills his purpose for me. 3  He will send from heaven and save me;      he will put to shame  him who tramples on me.  Selah God will send out  his steadfast love and his faithfulness! 4  My soul is in the midst of  lions;      I lie down amid fiery beasts— the children of man, whose  teeth are spears and arrows,      whose  tongues are sharp swords. 5  Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!      Let your glory be over all the earth! 6  They set  a net for my steps;      my soul was  bowed down. They  dug a pit in my way,      but they have fallen into it themselves.  Selah 7  My heart is  steadfast, O God,      my heart is steadfast! I will sing and make melody! 8       Awake,  my

Idol Hearts

Ezekiel 14:3  Idolaters Condemned 14  Some of the elders of Israel came to me and sat down in front of me. 2  Then the word of the Lord came to me: 3  “Son of man, these men have set up idols in their hearts and put wicked stumbling blocks before their faces. Should I let them inquire of me at all? 4  Therefore speak to them and tell them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: When any of the Israelites set up idols in their hearts and put a wicked stumbling block before their faces and then go to a prophet, I the Lord will answer them myself in keeping with their great idolatry. 5  I will do this to recapture the hearts of the people of Israel, who have all deserted me for their idols.’ 6  “Therefore say to the people of Israel, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Repent! Turn from your idols and renounce all your detestable practices! Ezekiel tells us that we all are "idols of the heart".  Jeremiah tells us that "The heart is DECEITFUL abov