Skip to main content

My Macedonia

This is a blog I wrote last year July 2011...


Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
I wanted to bring you up to date in all the things that the Lord has done and allowed me to see while I was in the Dominican Republic. As you all know in the beginning I was raising support to go to a Summer Project with Destino to a place in the Mediterranean but the Lord in His Mercy and Grace had other plans. This reminded me of...

Paul’s Vision of the Man of Macedonia 
Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. So they passed by Mysia and went down to Troas. During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them. 
GOD in literal terms wanted us all to go spread the good news to His people in the DR. 


When I met my summer project teammates I am not going to lie .... I was intimidated. I only knew Eric, Kristy, and their beautiful baby girls. God in His Grace broke every wall and allowed each and everyone of us to work together as one for His Glory. 

When we got to the Dominican Republic we got to work right away with bible studies and with worship nights... Casey and Devin Tressler were our Team Leaders for our Summer Project. I saw the Lord work through them as they planned out our schedules daily, considering the fact that only a few weeks before we were going to a different country. With them I had the privilege of leading my brothers and sisters in praise and worship. I was so thankful for that opportunity. God really broke me in this area in that I needed to understand that my voice and my fingers and my guitar only made noise with out the love of God being poured out. Each and everyone of us played a crucial part on the project and it was manifested throughout the weeks. 
As the first week came we made our journey to the University which was walking distance from our summer residence. Last year Destino worked relentlessly in pursuing students for Christ at UASD ...I was fortunate enough to see how the Lord in a year made disciples. Praise the Lord for their was fruit! Destino went on Campus with the students from Vida Estudiantil which is like Destino/Campus Crusade for Christ in the DR. We prayed for boldness in sharing the Gospel. It was amazing how many people came to Christ in just one day! 
I prayed that when we shared gospel we would be able to relate … that our hearts would be broken for the things that break His. That we would be given the eyes of JESUS to be able to see what He sees and above all that when we would share the Gospel it would shatter us! Completely shatter all our being …because it applied to us to! That we would be of people that will not forget who took us out of the hole which we once were in and wiped us clean in redeeming LOVE, MERCY and GRACE! 

Reading 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 made a marking on my heart and really unveiled my prayer. 
Paul’s Use of His Freedom 
Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. 
All for the sake of the Gospel ...WE WERE DESPERATE !!! Absolutely desperate for people to encounter the Love of God! 


As the days ended on Campus we would come home and continued His work with our Hotel Staff! One night an employee came up to my friend Carlos and Jorge ...He told them that he had been watching us and wanted to know what he had to do in order to become a Christian. He accepted Christ that night! They continued follow up with him every night after His shift ended. "I saw him as the Man of Macedonia". 

As the days went by the Lord put it on our hearts to work with other Universities. We made our way with Taxi JOSE to UTESA a University for future doctors. 
Luke 10:2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 
I fell in love as soon as I set foot on the Campus... "I like to toil." 
Vida Estudiantil was at UTESA but there was only a one leader and a couple of girls who at the time did not know the Lord. I was excited because the Lord had put it on my heart and said this will be the place where we're going to move mountains! And I saw Him do it. I saw my brothers and sisters pursue students for His kingdom. And by the end what started with 7 girls ended with more than 20 people men and women plus a worship band that led us in English, Spanish, French and creole! It was like watching a glimpse of heaven when we worshiped in all different languages... all in on voice and one heart! 

As the project came to a close we ended up visiting UNPHU another university It was such an encouragement to know that their was a seed being planted in that University!

Close to the end we visited an amazing Children's Ministry called Bienbenidos. In that I saw the Lords vision for my life... I was asked what makes me weep and all I could see in my head were faces of children who were marginalized and abused... who were fatherless...We are called to love 
James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. 
We could easily say "Well God is the father of the Fatherless." and be comfortable and content. But I see Him saying "Beloved you are part of my body. You are My hands and feet. For me to truly be a father to the fatherless, I must be one through you." 



He wants to use us...The all Powerful, all knowing creator of the universe desires to use us "US!" for His Glory... 

As we draw near Him, He draws near us...He reveals ... He is faithful when we are faithless He remains faithful! And He wont stop in His pursuit for us! He never will and best of all He already WON! 

In the end this is just a glimpse to my first summer project... I feel this does not even begin to tell you of the wonders He did... Of the miracles I saw Him do through my brothers and sisters in Christ. 

This past month thanks to your giving heart and prayers the Lord refined me, in my suffering in my Physical pain He allowed me to worship and praise Him...He was my comfort. A year ago I heard a voice say to me "Focus on me...Focus on us!" I know now that it was His …I know now that I am sensible to His Voice. I will sit still in His presence and move when He calls me to... Until then I know I have not been called to build my life around the pursuit of my selfish desires...but rather to be a poured-out living sacrifice for His kingdom and His Glory. 

Thank You...Thank you for your Gift of Support and Prayer! 
Your Sister in Christ 
His Jocelyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome in...

Open Heart … What is an open heart? Is it one that shares everything with everyone, or one that is selective on how it pours out? I’ve asked myself this question many times before, “Don’t I usually wear my heart on my sleeve?” The answer is no.  Even though I pour out I have to battle and understand that there is a very thin line that sometimes I don’t see myself crossing but I do. My whole desire is to please the Lord and to pour out in service to others, how could I not with knowing what He has done. Recently, however, it's seems as though I’ve been playing hopscotch with the intentions of my heart.     As I was talking to my friend over a study session he asked me why I didn't not blog my thoughts, my response shocked me when I said, "I'm afraid of what people might do to my heart. Afraid...I'm afraid? As I said that, God's word reminded me,  "Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; th

The Instrument of My Dreams

Let Your Glory Be over All the Earth 57  Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,      for in you my soul  takes refuge; in  the shadow of your wings  I will take refuge,      till the storms of destruction pass by. 2  I cry out to God Most High,      to God who  fulfills his purpose for me. 3  He will send from heaven and save me;      he will put to shame  him who tramples on me.  Selah God will send out  his steadfast love and his faithfulness! 4  My soul is in the midst of  lions;      I lie down amid fiery beasts— the children of man, whose  teeth are spears and arrows,      whose  tongues are sharp swords. 5  Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!      Let your glory be over all the earth! 6  They set  a net for my steps;      my soul was  bowed down. They  dug a pit in my way,      but they have fallen into it themselves.  Selah 7  My heart is  steadfast, O God,      my heart is steadfast! I will sing and make melody! 8       Awake,  my

Idol Hearts

Ezekiel 14:3  Idolaters Condemned 14  Some of the elders of Israel came to me and sat down in front of me. 2  Then the word of the Lord came to me: 3  “Son of man, these men have set up idols in their hearts and put wicked stumbling blocks before their faces. Should I let them inquire of me at all? 4  Therefore speak to them and tell them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: When any of the Israelites set up idols in their hearts and put a wicked stumbling block before their faces and then go to a prophet, I the Lord will answer them myself in keeping with their great idolatry. 5  I will do this to recapture the hearts of the people of Israel, who have all deserted me for their idols.’ 6  “Therefore say to the people of Israel, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Repent! Turn from your idols and renounce all your detestable practices! Ezekiel tells us that we all are "idols of the heart".  Jeremiah tells us that "The heart is DECEITFUL abov